CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Something Different Please!

I know that I'm not the only one that notices that virtually everyone my age that has a blog is currently and constantly blogging about how cute their kids are. Keep in mind that I really do like kids and hope to have some someday, but seriously, there are so many other subjects to talk about that are much more interesting and much less exhausting than your kids' halloween costumes or their first word. And last of all, did every single person I know go to a pumpkin patch together to take pictures of their babies this Halloween? Seriously! My father in law put it perfectly when he said something to the effect of, "Just because you love your (kids) doesn't mean that everyone else will!"


So unless your kid is as hard core as this, or unless he has 2 heads like this guy:


...then give the rest of us a break and talk about something more stimulating! (If this is pissing you off then take a chill pill 'cause I'm JK dudes!)

Take for instance Proposition 8. I love that this passed in California! Perhaps there is hope for Babylon! I love how the gay community and its supporters immediately singled out the LDS church and how they are currently protesting in front of temples across the nation. I'm no political scientist, but I'm pretty sure that California is not a theocracy, and if it was, the LDS church surely would not be the one making laws. Nope, sorry people the government of CA, paired with the majority of voters there passed the law, not the LDS church.

The Savior said, "Blessed are they who are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of Heaven."(Matt 5:10). So, all y'all protesters can just threaten and persecute away, but I will never forsake that which I know to be true and correct principles.

That aside, the James family is doing well. We have recently moved and are still getting settled. The ward is sweet though (Pres Monson comes sometimes) and it sure is nice living so close to the U!

I've recently decided that I want to be a large animal Vet and specialize in orthopedics. This means that when I'm not shoulder deep in a cows business, I'll be busy repairing ACLs on horses. Maybe I can be like the guy on my vet school blog (which you should read!)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys...now this is a blog post. I am with you on all the baby posts, even though our blog is all about us. Thanks for the prop 8 support and the "cute" baby pictures. I really can't wait for the day when youk kids are the ones flipping off the camera. Love you guys!!!!

Anonymous said...

Just PLEASE don't start blogging about you're freaking dog's like their you're little babies!!!!That is way more pathetic than all the people who have great kid's that just happen to look very photogenic at the pumpkin land, or blowing out candles on a birthday cake or some other adorable thing!Oh jk(nick)

Anonymous said...

Don't worry, I didn't go to a pumpkin patch this year....infact I have 3 kids and have never taken them to one!!! So you won't find pumpkins on my blog but you will find 3 of the best things that ever happened to me. Oh and I agree with you about Cali. I love that they blamed it on the LDS church. They have to put the blame somewhere, so why not us??

Anonymous said...

Why do I feel like your post was directed at me?!? K seriously, I used to think the exact same thing. i was so sick and tired of everyone posting about their kids. but then i just so happened to give birth to the cutest child in the world and i wanted to share him with everyone else. so if you have a problem with that then you don't have to read my blog. k? you have to admit that my kid is freakin cute. especially at the pumpkin patch.

Anonymous said...

Oh man, now we got one that's commenting on MY blog about their kids! Blaaaaaaah!

Anonymous said...

That last one was from me...

Anonymous said...

What about my sofa king? I did a post just for you after reading this yesterday. Sometimes I have really deep, deep thoughts. I've been called profound even. So I hope you enjoy it.

Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha... just wait til you have a kid... then we will see if you post about it all the time :) My blog is my journal so don't look at mine if you don't want to see all about my kid .... :) he he anyways congrats on getting married and good to see you (well on the blog anyway)